9.04.2008

Ahhh! September!

I am so excited for September... and not just for the obvious reason. Fall is a time of change and September always symbolizes a new year, a fresh start, to me... even more than New Years does. This month is going to be a very exciting one for us for so many reasons. First, my cute little nephew, Taylor (my brother, Sam's, son), is getting baptized this Saturday and then we are having a "family" baby shower for me that afternoon! How fun is that? I haven't had a baby shower since I was pregnant with Max... 11 years ago! Then the big one, next week little Coleman arrives... talk about change! I'm running like crazy trying to do as much as I can before his arrival. My brother, Joel, is due back from serving in Afghanistan any day now (we don't get to know what day for sure until his plane actually takes off). We are so grateful for his service to our country and especially grateful that he is returning home safe and sound. Can't wait to see him and give him a big hug! My other brother, Bryn (I have a lot of brothers), is leaving on his church mission on the 18th. Two whole years in London, England working his fanny off and serving the people around him. We are so proud of his decision to go and look forward to the farewell festivities planned for the next couple of weeks. Oh, and my mom is coming to visit, TWICE. She's coming today to be here for the baptism and shower, and then again about a week after I have Coleman to help out. We love it when she comes to visit. Another HUGE change for us is that Chris is leaving his job at Two Little Hands Productions and going out on his own. He plans to do the same thing he's been doing but as a consultant plus a few projects he's had stewing around in his brain for a while now. I know he is excited to be his own boss and work at home again and we're glad he'll be around more too. He is such a hard worker and I am so proud to be his wife. So, all of this in addition to school stuff, extracurricular activities (Abby finally started Tae Kwon Do, she is sooo excited), church stuff (Max's last Pinewood Derby), dentist appointments, Doctors appointments, oh, and Afton truns 2 on the 29th!!! It's shaping up to be an amazing month and I'm so excited for every minute of it... especially the baby part (5 more days, yahoo!)!!

3 comments:

Erin Axson said...

I am so excited for all of the fun changes that are coming to your little family! Good luck this week!

denise @ little ant design said...

You sound busy.

Give your brother Joel a big hug from our family as well as our thanks for serving our country. His efforts are appreciated!

Lesa said...

Hey I'm so glad it is sept. too!! I never thought it would come. I cant believe you are done in 4 days, i am totally jelous but you know that:) I'm right behind you, as always hehe! good Luck cant wait to hear how it went.... ohh what a long time it is to be pregnant start to finish...