9.17.2008

We'll miss you, Bryn!

It's official! My baby brother, Bryn, is officially a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was set apart this evening and leaves bright and early tomorrow morning. He's headed straight for the Missionary Training Center in Preston, England. I am so proud of him and am excited to hear all about his adventures. We went over tonight to say good-bye, wish him luck and give him one last hug (and enjoy yummy root beer floats). It is so strange to me that he is actually leaving... Bryn was MY baby! I was 14 when he was born and I still remember the details of the day so well. I remember rocking him, and singing to him, and playing with him... he was my little buddy. He was seriously the chubbiest little baby you have ever seen and he had bright red hair and this deep voice that shocked you the first time you heard it. As he grew we had the opportunities to do a lot of fun stuff outside of the normal "brother/sister things": he was in a performing group that I taught and we traveled to Las Vegas and California for performances, and we also did some plays together. It was always fun to have him around. I will miss him so much but am so glad he is doing what he is. It was very hard to leave tonight. Max actually cried... Bryn is truly one of his very best friends and greatest examples. I am so proud to be Bryn's sister and I am grateful to have him in my life. He has always been such a great friend and a joy to be around. I know he is going to be an awesome missionary! I love you Bryn!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

He is such a cutie! His farewell was great, we are sad we missed you. Keep us posted on his adventures in England. I'm jealous... that is where I wanted to go:)