9.29.2008

Sweet Afton

I've been meaning to post this since about a week before Coleman was born but never quite got around to it. I don't know if it was the fact that I was so close to having another baby, but for a couple weeks I was feeling very... I'm not sure what the right word is... maybe nostalgic, sentimental, I don't know... whatever it was I was just loving Afton so much. I think part of me was feeling sad for her: that she was losing her spot as the baby, that it wasn't just going to be the 2 of us at home during the day, that her world as she currently knew it was about to change forever... My other kids had 4 or 5 years before the next kid came along to unseat them and Afton only got 2! It didn't help things that she really is the sweetest baby ever! Seriously. I think I was noticing all of her little sweet things even more because I knew what was coming and felt like I needed to enjoy her more and appreciate everything about her before I got distracted by the new baby. Afton truly is a joy. She brings so much love and happiness to our home. She is my little buddy... she follows me around during the day and wants to help me clean- and, unlike most almost 2 year olds, she is actually helpful- she is so polite- I've never heard a kids her age say please, thank you and sorry as much as she does without prompting. She loves to laugh, dance, give hugs, sing, play outside... I seriously can't stand how happy she makes me sometimes! I once told Chris that I felt sorry that other people didn't get to know her like I did. I know that sounds really odd, but I really did feel sad that more people couldn't be blessed by her "melt your heart" smile and joyful personality. She has changed my life. She makes me want to be a better person. She makes me want to be a better mom. I am so excited to see what she does with her life and for more people to know her and love her like I do. (PS I took this photo of her the other day. She has become obsessed with that hat and wears it almost nonstop!)

No comments: