9.25.2009

Flashback Friday- Who IS this kid?!?

Back in June I was getting ready for a photo shoot and asked Max to pose quickly so I could test the light. I didn't think much about it until I pulled the pictures up on my computer and was shocked at how old he looks. It's crazy to me how fast he is growing up. He's gotten taller, his interests are changing and he's even taken to proudly showing us his armpit hair (gross... I know, but it's endearing how excited he is). I decided to pull up a pictures from exactly 1 year ago to see how much he's changed.Shocking, isn't it. My baby boy is in Jr. High now, turns 12 next Friday and is turning into a man before my eyes. Some days I love it, other days I want my sweet little baby back. He was such a sweet baby. At church recently a 14 year old young man gave a talk. I sat there listening thinking that he is only 2 years older than Max, but he was tall, had a deep voice and looked more like a man than a kid. Max still looks like a kid, and it hit me how much he is going to change in the next 2 years. I know Max is ready, but I don't know if I am. I guess I better get used to the idea because it's going to happen wether I like it or not. 

4 comments:

Erin Axson said...

The thought of Henry one day going to Jr. High has got me bawling in front of my computer! I just put away Henry's 0-3 clothes and that about sent me over the edge... armpit hair is just two blinks away from his mission and marriage. AAACK!

Heather said...

You have such a great looking family ... every single one of you!

Anonymous said...

He's such a great kid.

Part of me is totally aware that Ike will go on a mission in just 7 years, and part of me recoils in denial when you talk about 14-year-olds seeming more like men than boys. I guess I don't really want time to slow down or stop; I just want to somehow be able to assimilate life more instead of feeling like it's zooming past me.

Ace said...

I see him in the lunchroom sometimes and can't believe he's the baby that you used to bring to rehearsals. I've had to restrain myself from hugging him. :) I think that's partially because he makes me think of MY Max and then partially just because I love you and want you to know I'm watching out for him too. :)