7.29.2009

Just Cole

In April I attended a lighting demo with one of my favorite photographers Nicole Hill. I have attended a few of her workshops and have loved every one of them... she is awesome. The next day after church I decided to get out my camera and experiment. Cole just happened to be around and so he got to be my subject. I wasn't really trying to get great shots, I just wanted to play with my camera and see what I got when I tried different things. The plan was to delete them all. However, when I looked through them they so perfectly captured who Cole is right now... at almost 8 months old. So here are some of my favorites... even the fuzzy and dark ones!

Cole is a very fast crawler and uses his skill to get into a lot of mischief!
Look at this face. He makes it all the time and it totally cracks us all up. He breathes really heavy while he's doing it, too, which only adds to the hilarity.
Ugh! This is a little habit I do not love. Cole has a bad habit of eating dog food and playing in the water. One of those bowls is gone now because Cole picked it up and threw it! We now keep the bowls on the counter and only put the food down at meal time and the water down when Cole is asleep, trapped in his high chair or not even home. Poor Roxy.
He is constantly trying to get up the stairs. He learned how to get up pretty quick... he has yet to master going down!
I love those eyes. I also love all the drool... it was because he was teething in a major way that week.
You may think this picture is cropped pretty weird. I actually did it on purpose. I wanted to remember the rolls in his thighs and around his wrists. There is nothing cuter than a chubby baby!
For about a month Cole played with this cup more than any other toy. It's so funny to see what they get attached to. He would examine every detail of that thing and tried very hard to get the Mickey Mouse sticker off that someone put on back in 1999.
Again with the eyes... they get me every time. I'm pretty sure I'm in trouble with this one. He'll be 16 and batting those eyes at me and I'll cave every time! Maybe it's because none of my other babies really had eyes? (see current photos of each child on the left)
His cute smile.
Another one of his scrunchy face 
(Abby used to make this face, too.)
The end... thanks for humoring me!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Really cute pictures Katie, Cole is adorable!

Amy said...

Beautiful eyes! You captured those so well.