4.04.2008

AHS Patriotic Program (2/22/08)




Each year the school has a huge program that focuses on the founding of our great nation. It really isa wonderful program with a great spirit to it-in fact I get emotional every time I see it. I am grateful that the kids are able to attend a school where they are able to do this kind of thing. Every student in the school participates in some way. This year Abby sang with the 1st and 2nd grade combined choir and also did some recitation with the whole school. The stars of the show each year are the 5th graders so Max was able to have a pretty bigpart. He played the character of John Adams and did awesome. He was definitely the best- and I am not just saying that because I am his mom!  He delivered his line with great feeling and was slow, loud and clear so everyone could hear.  He also looked super cute in his founding fathers costume and white powder wig.  It was a great experience for them both and we look forward to seeing it again next year.
Max's line: "Sink or swim, live or die, survive or perish, I give my hand and my heart to this vote. It is true indeed that in the beginning we aimed not for independence, but there's a divinity which shapes our ends. The injustice of England has driven us to arms and blinded to her own interest for our good.  She has obstinately persisted 'til independence is now within our grasp.  We have but to reach forth to it and it is ours!"

No comments: