5.15.2008

AHS Shakespeare Week

One of the really cool things about AHS is Shakespeare week. My kids love it and really look forward to it every year. They especially love dressing up each day and the huge Shakespeare feast! I love that they are being introduced to one of the greatest playwrights of all time and becoming familiar with his works. Each year they focus on a different play and study it as a class as well as seeing the play live a little bit each day. This is great because they don't get overwhelmed or bored and they can really get the story and the characters. Even though I was a theater major the kids know more about these shows than I do, even Abby! This year the play is 'Much Ado About Nothing"... my favorite... and it has been fun to discuss it with them. Abby loves the character Hero and Max likes the comedy.

No comments: