5.31.2008

Piano Man

Last night Max had his annual Spring Piano Recital and he did so well. He has been taking Piano for 2 1/2 years now and I am so impressed with how far he has come this year in particular. Last night he played 2 pieces, "In the Hall of the Mountain King" and the theme from "Jurassic Park". He also earned a composer statue. He worked really hard for it and had to memorize terms, take a theory test, do extra performances and practice regularly in addition to some other things. We are grateful for everyone who came to support him, I know it meant a lot to him. Afterwards we enjoyed ice cream sundaes and root beer floats at my parents house.
Excellent job, Max! I am really proud of the effort you have put in this year. I hope you can see how it paid off and that you will continue to work even harder to develop this wonderful talent!
Max with his teacher, Aimee Ward.

2 comments:

Chris said...

You rock Max! I'm so bummed I missed it. I can't want to have my own private recital when I get home. I'm proud of you.

Grandpa and Grandma Higbee said...

Max, we really liked your picture with your piano teacher. We are so sorry we missed your recital. Let us know when your private one is with your dad and we will come. We like your hair the way it is in the picture.