12.11.2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day. Chris and I  had friends and family join us in our home to feast and enjoy each others company. Chris prepared the best turkey I've ever tasted, stuffing and 2 delicious apple pies. I was in charge of pumpkin pie, grammy's famous rolls and setting the table. I'm not really a party planner/decorator, but I channelled my inner Denise Baker/Melanie Swenson and pulled together this lovely table. I was actually quite proud of myself and told Chris I could become addicted to this hobby. Our guests provided the rest of the meal and it was awesome. After dinner many of us went to the movies (a tradition in our family). I was so busy hosting that I didn't get any pictures... so unlike me... other than the one above taken hours before the festivities began. We appreciated having you all join us and thank you for making our day complete.

I love this time of year an the opportunity it gives us to reflect on all our blessings. I won't make a list, but I do know how fortunate I am. The birth of my beautiful new baby boy and the passing of my sweet grandfather have given me many opportunities to think about life in general, the atonement and why we are here on earth. I am so grateful to the Savior and for all that he has blessed me with. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

No comments: